Today I’m going to give you some ideas one what to wear to your maternity session. I absolutely love maternity sessions. They are probably my second favorite behind cake smashes. I love these photo shoots because they capture a moment in time that you can never go back to. You’ll never be that family of two or three or four again, the whole world is about to change and your just right on the precipice. That’s pretty amazing. Also, there is just something about a mother’s love and that beautiful belly that makes these types of sessions so special. So what is the best way to show off that fabulous bump? Check below for some great outfit ideas.
Disclaimer: Photos below are not my photos, they come from websites that sell these items and Pinterest. You can click on each picture to find the original source or click the link below.
What to Wear
For Mom To Be:
- Wear something that hugs that bump! Don’t wear something too loose fitting that you won’t be able to see your bump. It doesn’t have to be something tight or form fitting, be sure that you are still comfortable. But the whole reason for getting photos done is so that you can look back and remember beautiful pregnant you! Below are some of my favorite looks:
- Don’t be afraid of stripes! You would think that with that baby bump stripes wouldn’t work, but I love stripes on a pregnant belly, it just works!
- Bring different styles! Don’t be afraid to bring a clothing change or two. Don’t feel like you have to just pick one outfit and have all your photos in that style.
- Show off that bump! If you feel comfortable actually showing off your tummy, wear something that lets your belly free and puts all the focus on it. You can get a top and skirt combo, a sheer maternity dress or just lift up the shirt you are wearing for a few pictures.
- Pick something with some ruching or a ribbon, it will help to accentuate your bump.
- Don’t be afraid to accessorize! Just be sure not to pick something that detracts from your bump.
For Dad to Be:
If you want your partner to be in the photos with you, here are some ideas for what they should wear.
- Keep it neutral! This is a time to show off mom to be’s beautiful bump and the love that the two of you share. Make sure that you are comfortable in whatever you choose.
- For a casual feel I love plain a white or grey t-shirt and jeans.
- Consider layering- wear something casual underneath like a above or a long sleeve shirt, and layer on a collard shirt. This way you can have two looks within your photoshoot without having to do a full change.
For the littles:
Have kids already and want to include them in the shoot? Here are some ideas for what they should wear.
- Keep children semi-neutral as well. Pick something with a pop of color if you would like, and make sure that it matches whatever you are wearing.
For more ideas on what to wear in your photos please check out my What to Wear Pinterest Board.