I’m always looking for easy Superbowl food. Especially now that we have kids! We like to get a group of our friends together to watch the big game. I’m not a big cooker, but I like to make enough food for everyone who’s coming over. So this Superbowl game day chili definitely hit the spot.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase items through my links I may earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link and you do not have to use my links. I only recommend products & systems that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands. You can find our full policy here. Thank you in advance for your support.
Superbowl Game Day Chili
The secret ingredient in this chili is Dr. Pepper. Now, if you don’t know, Dr. Pepper is my all time favorite drink. It’s my coffee, I don’t drink coffee, but I have a Dr. Pepper every morning. I’ve tried to give it up once or twice, I know it’s not the healthiest habit, but life is short! So, Dr. Pepper is my vice. So why not add it to the chili!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can Dr Pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Saute the ground beef until brown.
- Transfer ground beef to a slow cooker. Don’t forget to use your slow cooker bags! In the same pan, saute the onions and garlic, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add to the slow cooker along with the meat.
- Add one can of Dr Pepper, tomatoes, spices, and beans into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings, such as cheese, sour cream, chopped veggies, cornbread, etc.