I love a simple recipe. These super simple apple chips have only two ingredients. And you know what’s even better? Everyone loves them!
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by Autumn Glory Apple. This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase items through my links I may earn a commission. You can find our full policy here. Thank you.
Seriously, everyone loves these apple chips. My kids ate handfuls of these like they were candy. My husband couldn’t resist them. And I found myself snacking on them throughout the day like potato chips.
They are sweet, delicious, and are the perfect snacking food. You don’t feel bad when you’ve eaten too many!
Super Simple Apple Chips
I promised you a super simple recipe. All these super simple apple chips are made with is Autumn Glory apples and cinnamon.
Autumn Glory apples have a very sweet, firm flesh with hints of cinnamon and subtle notes of caramel. So they make the perfect chip just on their own. But I added a little extra cinnamon to really bring out that flavor.
Honestly, you can skip the cinnamon if you like. I made multiple batches, the ones with cinnamon are extra tasty. But these apples are so delicious on their own that you don’t even need the cinnamon.
- 2 Autumn Glory apples
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Use a mandolin to slice your apples evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay your apples out on the paper, then sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Put apples in the oven. Once the edges begin to curl, usually around the 1 hour mark, flip your apples over.
- Leave your apples in until they start to crisp up. This happens between 2.5 to 3 hours.
- Take out of oven, let cool, and enjoy!
I found using my mandolin on the two setting gave me the best thickness. Too thin and you don't get enough flavor, too thick and they take forever to bake.
Go pick up some of these delicious Autumn Glory apples and experience autumn all year!