I wanted to send my sister the 12 days of socks for Christmas, and had planned on adding some special things to it. But unfortunately I attempted it too late.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase items through my links I may earn a commission. You can find our full policy here. Thank you.
There was no way the socks would get to my house in time, I could fill it, and then get her to her before December 12. So instead I sent her the socks directly, and then mailed her this card.
The idea is that this card is an advent calendar of sorts. You can open the ornaments and each ornament will show a dog and words of love.
I filled this little advent calendar with words of love for my sister. It was quite sappy honestly. How I missed her and couldn’t wait to see her, and how proud I was of her.
The kinds of things you’d love to hear any time of year, but especially during finals when you’re missing your family and wishing you were home for all the Christmas festivities.
She was going to be home for Christmas though, so this was just to get her through the days leading up to Christmas.
DIY Christmas Card
I love the Christmas feel and you could also totally use this as an advent calendar and instead attach activities to each window.
This is such a cute idea for a long distance gift idea to help your loved ones feel closer during this season!
Be sure to download this special 12 days of Christmas DIY Christmas card from the VIP library!
- 12 days of Christmas printable from the VIP library
- Mod Podge
- Words of Love
- Craft Knife
- You'll want to print and cut out some words of love, or you can hand write them if you want. You'll need to make sure that it will fit within the door of the card
- Print out the 12 days of Christmas printable and then cut all the pieces with scissors.
- Use a craft knife to cut around the 12 Christmas ornaments. You'll want to leave the top part of the bulb intact so that it creates a little door that opens.
- Glue the Merry Christmas card to the back of the dogs card. Then use your Mod Podge to glue the ornaments card on top of the dogs. Make sure to not glue on the ornaments so that the doors will open.
- Fold up your words of love so that it will fit in each ornament. Then glue the words of love to the door of the ornament - when your recipient opens the ornament they will be able to unfold the words of love and see the dog underneath!