My husband loves chicken parmesan. We are definitely an Italian family, we eat a lot of Italian food. But making chicken parmesan can be so time consuming! Having to bread the chicken and use all the bowls to do that. Then getting out the pan and cooking it. So many dishes to do after all of that! This has no dishes! Except for cooking the shredded chicken, or if you use a pyrex dish.
This dish is so easy to make. It’s pretty much just assembly and then you throw it in the oven for an hour. In order to make this even easier, this is how I make the shredded chicken. This recipe also freezes great, so you can make a couple batches and then have quick meals in the freezer!
Here is everything you’ll need.
Put the chicken in first.
Then mix the chicken in with the sauce.
Put on the cheese.
Then put on the breadcrumbs.
Don’t forget to label the tins!
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 3lbs fully-cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cans (28 ounces) of pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Divide ingredients between the number of trays you are making. For my husband and myself we make 4×6 trays and fill 4. You could easily make 2 8×8 trays, or one 9×13.
- Mix chicken and pasta sauce together, layer in the bottom of baking dish
- Top with parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs and olive oil
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Freeze.
- When ready to cooke, thaw in fridge overnight. Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on sides.
If you’d like more easy weeknight meals, check out my Pinterest board!