Easter is coming up! I love all holidays, especially ones that are focused around getting to spend time with family. Easter is the holiday that I took over once my husband and I got married, so it’s extra special to me now! The family comes over to my house and I’m in charge of food. I also go a little crazy with the table decor and decorations around the house! Now that we live a good hour and fifteen minutes away at minimum from family, it’s always a treat to get to see all of them at the same time! So I’m very much so looking forward to Easter this year.
Since the whole family is coming up, that means I get to try out some new things in the kitchen. I try not to try new dinner recipes, but I always like to try at least one new dessert recipe to keep it interesting! So I tried out these Mint Brownie and Oreo Hot Fudge Trifles. They just sound decadent and amazing. I found these little cups at the Dollar Tree that are the perfect serving size for one person. No one in my family are big dessert people. Well that’s not true! A lot of us all, but prefer to eat our desserts in small sizes and not over indulge. So I know these small serving sizes will be a big hit. And if you like it, you can always grab an extra cup, or two!
Mint Brownie and Oreo Hot Fudge Trifle
- You can make your own brownies from scratch or from a box mix or buy premade ones from the store. I went with the easy option and bought the premade ones.
- 20 mint Oreos, chopped
- hot fudge sauce
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- To make the whipped cream: beat together the softened cream cheese with about 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until the mixture is smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and the remaining whipping cream slowly. Mix until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Put the whipped cream into a plastic bag with the end cut off in order to “pipe” the mixture into the cups. I found this left the sides cleaner than scooping it in.
- In the individual cups, place in some of the brownies then pipe in the whipped cream, making sure to spread it to the edges. Sprinkle the Oreos on top and finally drizzle with some hot fudge.
- This isn’t an exact science and it’s ok if the layers aren’t exactly perfect. Repeat the layering, brownies, whipped cream, Oreos, hot fudge, two more times.
- Then place the individual cups in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat!