It’s almost the 4th of July! I’m so excited! It’s a day to celebrate the founding of our country. My whole family gets together and we go swimming and spend time together and light fireworks. We always have hamburgers and hot dogs, but I like this think of fun and interesting desserts to have. Since its summer and it’s going to be hot out, you have to have fruit and something light! I think these Chocolate Chip Cookie and Strawberry Trifles will be just the thing to help cool everyone off.
To make these I used the same small cups I had found at the dollar tree for the Mint Brownie and Oreo Hot Fudge Trifle. The individual serving sizes were such a hit for Easter and I know that with everyone being in the pool that these will be easy to grab and eat.
Chocolate Chip Cookie and Strawberry Trifle
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 chocolate chip cookies, crumbled, store bought, homemade, or semi homemade- I used the semi homemade Pillsbury break apart cookies
- 1 lb of fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- To make the whipped cream: beat together the softened cream cheese with about 1/2 cup of the whipping cream until the mixture is smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and the remaining whipping cream slowly. Mix until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Put the whipped cream into a plastic bag with the end cut off in order to “pipe” the mixture into the cups. I found this left the sides cleaner than scooping it in.
- In the individual cups, place in some cookie crumbs, then pipe in the whipped cream, make sure to spread to the edges. Then layer in the strawberries and repeat this laying process until the top of dish is reached.
- You can garnish with extra strawberries and cookie slices, if wanted.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve.