There are so many things I’ve learned as a new mom. I had no idea how unprepared I was. Well, I guess not unprepared, since I don’t think you can be prepared, but definitely unknowledgeable. Some things people tried to warn us about, but some things I had no warnings about what so ever. I definitely had a mini plan going into this parenthood thing, but that quickly got tossed aside and we’ve just been flying by the seat of our pant, figuring out things as we go.
- In clothes sizes 0-3 months is not the same as Newborn
- CVS always has a line for the pharmacy
- There’s nothing on TV from 1am-5am
- Where ever baby will sleep I’m going to let baby sleep
- Changing baby on the floor sucks, I’m so glad we made a changing station with an area to hold diapers
- Sometimes you just have to let baby cry for a few minutes to use the restroom or grab a snack
- My phone is constantly almost dead. I basically live with it plugged into the charger so that I can cruise Facebook, Pinterest, and check my mail while holding a baby
- If you think baby doesn’t like pacifiers, try a different brand. Having the right pacifier makes all the difference! Same goes with bottles
- Having a good support system is absolutely necessary
- Baby spits up a lot, a lot, a lot. I have an over abundance of burp clothes and they are stashed all around the house
- Baby boys like to pee all over everything. I had been told this before having a boy, but I had no idea how true it was
- Baby can be very finicky. Something he liked yesterday he may not like anymore. Something that previously made him cry he may now love
- A baby carrier, like the Moby, can be a life saver. Seriously.
- If you have to take baby out of the house, say for a doctors appointment, it will always land in the middle of nap time
- If you have to feed formula before 2 months, you aren’t supposed to use powdered formula
I’m sure there are a million more things I will learn in the months ahead!